Thursday 23 October 2008

Salvador Dali Dali at the Age of Six painting

Salvador Dali Dali at the Age of Six paintingJoseph Mallord William Turner Frosty Morning paintingJoseph Mallord William Turner Whitby painting
month later Sejanus paid me a surprise visit as he was passing through Capua. He was in Tiberius's company, on the way to Capri, an island near Naples, where Tiberius had twelve villas and frequently went for amusement. Sefanus said: "You'll be able to Urgulanilla now. She's due to have a child in about five months' time, so my agents inform me. You have me to thank for this. I knew Urgulanilla's obsession about Numantina. I happened to see a young slave, a Greek, who might have been Numantina's male twin. I made her a present of him and she fell in love with him at once. His name's Boter."
What could I do but thank him? Then I said, "And who's my new wife to be?"
"So you remember our conversation? Well, the lady I have in mind is my sister by adoption-ASIia. You know her of course?"
I did, but I hid my disappointment, and merely asked whether

No comments: