Tuesday 14 October 2008

Paul Cezanne Poplar Trees painting

Paul Cezanne Poplar Trees paintingPaul Cezanne Mount Sainte Victoire paintingPaul Cezanne Leda with Swan painting
Scribonia, though she was quite innocent, on the very day that she bore him his daughter, Julia; whom he took from the birth-chamber before Scribonia had as much as seen the little creature, and gave to the wife of one of his freedmen to nurse. My grandmother-who was still only seventeen years old, nine years younger than Augustus-then went to my grandfather and said, "Now divorce me. I am already five months gone with child, and you are not the father. I made a vow that I would not bear another child to a coward, and I intend to keep it." My grandfather, whatever he may have felt when he heard this confession, said no more than "Call the adulterer here to me and let us discuss the matter together in private." The child was really his own, but he was not to know this, and when my grandmother said that it was another's he believed her.
My grandfather was astonished to find that it was his pretended friend Augustus who had betrayed him, but concluded

No comments: